Monday, February 5, 2007

Amazing Acrobats

While in Beijing, our group went to an acrobatic show. Since I have been a gymnast for most of my life, I appreciated the skills of the performers. The event took place in a large building on a wooden stage. These acrobats performed some of the most amazing stunts I have ever seen! While they were doing their acts, people were running around, taking pictures, and talking loudly. This really surprised me because in America, loud noise and flash photography would not be permitted. I would compare the show to "Cirque Du Soleil." However, the performance did not have any side acts and the main focus was on the acrobatic skills. I found myself gripping the velvet chairs in fear that one of the performers might make a mistake. To my relief, everything turned out exceptional.

No comments: